- Canvas club members to learn what items they have in their possession
that are club property.
- Perform an inventory of the storage locker and our other assets, at
reasonable intervals, no less often than every two years.
- Raise awareness among club members that the quartermaster should be
informed when materials belonging to the club are relocated, discarded,
lost, or consumed.
- Report to the board quarterly on the status of our materials. This
report shall include the latest inventory and known movements and changes
since this inventory.
- Understand the commons uses of items that the club owns, such as those
used for Minicon, the fallcon, or the picnic.
- Act as liaison between people wishing to use an item commonly used by
another function and the primary users of that item. For instance,
coordinate use of the refrigerator in the storage locker outside of
Minicon. (Note that all items commonly thought of as belonging to Minicon
are in fact club property. However, we do not believe that these are simply
up for grabs by any club function. Negotiating this balance is is one
purpose of this position.)
- In case of a dispute over which club function should control or use an
item, the quartermaster should refer the matter to the board.
- Maintain a list of durable goods that have been donated with
conditions set on their use, for instance "Jane Doe donated a cheese slicer
to us on the condition that it is only used on Tuesdays."
- The quartermaster shall
manage space usage in the storage locker and should be consulted before anyone
buys something that will use a lot of space.