Minicon 6 was held April 7–9, 1972 at the Andrews Hotel (Minneapolis). It was chaired by Louie Spooner and had a membership of about 175. Ruth Berman was the guest of honor.
Larry Nichols--Secretary Margie Lessinger--Treasurer Linda Lounsbury--Registration Anthony Tollin--Hucksters, Publicity & Film Joel Lessinger and Larry Nichols--Auction Ken Fletcher--Art show & Publications Tim Boxell--Program Book Art Editor Mary Merlin--Pro writer's content Jim Young--Chairman emeritus Dave Harsh, Chuck Holst, Al Kuhfeld, Bev Swanson, & Frank Stodolka
This program book was printed partially in black and white and partially in 3-color using a ditto machine (a.k.a. spirit duplicator). The color ink faded rather severely between 1972 (when it was printed) and 2009 (when it was scanned), but the black and white is fine. Here are several versions of the scans:
- First, very high resolution original scans. (~50 MB each)
- Second, half that resolution with minimal post-processing to straighten and remove ragged edges. (~14 MB each)
- Third, with more reasonable file sizes and with the color portions enhanced so that they are easier to see. On the cover this introduces an artifact wherein the background color is different in the region where the foreground is color. (~800 kB each)
- Finally, with the smallest file size we could manage while still preserving most of the content (the faded color artwork is the loser here). (~20 kB each)
|Raw scans||High res, cleaned||Lower res, enhanced||Smallest files|
|Front cover||Front cover||Front cover||Front cover|
|Back cover||Back cover||Back cover||Back cover|
Most of the Minicon 6 program book is in the public domain due to being published between 1923 and 1977 without a copyright notice. However: Art by Jim Odbert is © nybor mystical art 2009 and reproduced here by permission. Art by Tim Boxell is © Tim Boxel, all rights reserved.
Progress Report 2
Here's the Minicon 6 Progress Report 2 as a PDF (7 MB). If you're on a slow connection and/or a slow computer, here's the same, but with the quality reduced as much as possible while leaving it readable (150 kB).
- Raw scans, higher resolution than either of the above PDFs (~50 MB each): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
- High-res color images used to generate the large PDF (~1.2 MB each): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
- Low-res black and white images used to generate the small PDF (~20 kB each): 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The Minicon 6 Progress Report 2 is in the public domain due to being published between 1923 and 1977 without a copyright notice.
Badge/registration form/banquet ticket
Here is a full color version (150x larger file)
The Minicon 6 Badge/registration form/banquet ticket is in the public domain due to being published between 1923 and 1977 without a copyright notice.